A platter of lamingtons is made even better with white chocolate cream.
The ingredient of Lamingtons with white chocolate cream
- 4 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300ml thickened cream
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 3 1/3 cups (300g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (160g) strawberry jam
- 2 cups (300g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
The instruction how to make Lamingtons with white chocolate cream
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm x 3cm lamington pan with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Meanwhile, place milk and butter in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until butter has melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sift the flour, cornflour and cream of tartar into a bowl, then sift flour mixture a second time. With the motor running, add flour mixture to the eggs in 3 batches, beating well after each addition. Add the warm milk mixture and vanilla, beating to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool, then wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours or overnight (the longer you chill it, the easier it will be to cut).
- Place the cream and white chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate has melted. Cool slightly, then cover and chill until completely cold. Whisk the cold white chocolate cream to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- For the icing, place icing sugar, cocoa powder, milk and 1/4 cup (60ml) hot water in a pan over medium-low heat and whisk until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Trim the edges of the sponge and cut into 12 squares. Place the coconut on a plate. Dip the cakes into the icing to completely coat, then coat in coconut. Set aside on a wire rack to set.
- To serve, cut the cakes in half and fill with white chocolate cream and jam, then sandwich together.
Nutritions of Lamingtons with white chocolate creamcalories: