Roll up this dark chocolate roulade with sweet, nutty orange cream inside.
The ingredient of Chocolate Roulade
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (25g) Dutch cocoa, plus extra, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons (30g) potato starch (potato flour)
- 125g dark chocolate, melted
- Raspberries, to serve
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 11/2 tablespoons orange-flavoured liqueur (such as Cointreau)
- 300g mascarpone
- 50g pistachios, lightly roasted, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Chocolate Roulade
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a 28 x 32cm Swiss roll tin with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, whisk yolks and sugar until thick and pale. Sift cocoa and starch over then fold in gently. Add chocolate and 2 tablespoons water and stir gently to combine. Using an electric mixer, whisk eggwhites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form, then fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth top. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Dust top of cake heavily with cocoa then cover with a piece of baking paper. Invert cake, with paper, on to a work surface, then gently peel away the cooking paper.
- Working quickly while cake is still hot, gently roll up from long side, using paper as a guide. Stand until just cool.
- For cream, combine marmalade, liqueur and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan and stir over low-medium heat until combined and marmalade has melted. Combine with mascarpone in a bowl and whisk until thick. Stir in pistachios. Gently unroll cake and spread with filling, leaving a 2cm border. Re-roll cake (it may crack a little), then wrap in foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until filling is firm. Cake will keep, refrigerated, for up to 3 days. Serve topped with raspberries.
Nutritions of Chocolate Rouladecalories: