Sweet rum ice-cream smothered in rich chocolate sauce makes a sensational finale to a Christmas menu.
The ingredient of Chocolate rum ice-cream
- 1 litre chocolate ice-cream, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 250g packet Scotch finger biscuits, roughly broken
- 1 litre vanilla ice-cream
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly broken
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure cream
The instruction how to make Chocolate rum ice-cream
- Line a 7cm-deep, 11cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing a 5cm overhang at both long ends.
- Combine chocolate ice-cream, half the rum and half the biscuits in a bowl. Spoon mixture into base of prepared pan. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm to touch.
- Soften vanilla ice-cream in a bowl. Add remaining rum, remaining biscuits and coconut. Stir to combine. Spoon vanilla ice-cream mixture over chocolate ice-cream in pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Make chocolate sauce: Combine chocolate, sugar and cream in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, or until melted and smooth.
- Remove ice-cream from freezer. Turn onto a serving plate and remove plastic wrap. Stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with chocolate sauce.
Nutritions of Chocolate rum ice-creamcalories: 672.785 calories
calories: 38 grams fat
calories: 25 grams saturated fat
calories: 70 grams carbohydrates
calories: 51 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 76 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 245.78 milligrams sodium