Feed chocolate cravings with these mini cakes, dripping with gooey icing and topped with chewy cherry chocolate.
The ingredient of Cherry and chocolate muffins
- Melted butter, to grease
- 100g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 150g butter, melted
- 265g (1 3/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 2 x 52g bars Cadbury Cherry Ripe, finely chopped
- 150g dark cooking chocolate, extra, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- Finely chopped Cadbury Cherry Ripe, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Cherry and chocolate muffins
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease thirty-six 30ml (1 1/2-tablespoon) capacity mini muffin pans with butter.
- Stir chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until smooth (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Remove from heat.
- Stir in the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, egg and milk until well combined. Stir in Cherry Ripe until well combined. Divide among the prepared pans. Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir the extra chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat until smooth. Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours or until the icing is thick.
- Place the muffins on a cake stand or serving platter. Top with the icing and decorate with extra Cherry Ripe.
Nutritions of Cherry and chocolate muffinscalories: