Create a delicious dessert for the whole family with these indulgent chocolate pancakes.
The ingredient of Pancakes with hot chocolate sauce
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- 40g butter, melted
- 250g small strawberries, quartered
- 500g vanilla ice-cream
- Chocolate shavings, to serve
- 85g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thick cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Pancakes with hot chocolate sauce
- To make chocolate sauce, place chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream in a pan until to just boiling, pour over chocolate and stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Add egg and milk, beat well until there are no lumps. Brush base of a non-stick frypan with a little melted butter, add enough batter to just cover base and cook until pancake just lifts at the edges, flip and cook other side. Lay pancake on a sheet of baking paper. Repeat until all batter is used, brushing pan with butter when needed, and stacking pancakes with baking paper between each.
- To serve, fold 2 pancakes into quarters, placing scoops of ice-cream between folds of pancake, top with strawberries and drizzle with warm chocolate sauce. Finish with shaved chocolate. Repeat with remaining pancakes serving 2 per person.
Nutritions of Pancakes with hot chocolate saucecalories: