*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Chocolate scones
- 2 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 60g butter
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups milk, plus a few tablespoons extra, as required
The instruction how to make Chocolate scones
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Sift flour, cocoa and sugar into mixing bowl. Using the tips of your fingers, thoroughly rub butter into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add chocolate chips then add milk and mix lightly to combine. You may need to add extra milk to mix into a soft dough. Knead lightly on lightly floured surface.
- Press the dough into 3cm thickness and cut into 10 circles with a scone cutter. You can glaze the tops with milk if preferred. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes.
Nutritions of Chocolate sconescalories: