Plums mixed with white chocolate make for a bake-off you cant lose!
The ingredient of Plum and white chocolate custard streusel pies
- 185g butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon iced water
- 825g can whole plums in juice, drained
- Ice-cream, to serve
- 1 tablespoon vanilla custard powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 60g white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 60g butter, chilled, chopped
The instruction how to make Plum and white chocolate custard streusel pies
- Process butter, flour and sugar in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add yolk and iced water. Process until dough just comes together, adding an extra 1 teaspoon iced water if needed. Shape dough into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Make White Chocolate Custard: Place custard powder and sugar in a saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons milk. Stir until smooth. Gradually stir in remaining milk. Place over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until mixture just starts to thicken. Stir in chocolate. Continue stirring until mixture just simmers and custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until cold.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Grease 6 x 2cm-deep, 9.5cm round (base) loose-based fluted tart pans. Roll out 1/2 of the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Line the base and side of 3 prepared pans with pastry. Trim edges. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with remaining pastry and pans. Line each pan with baking paper. Fill with baking weights or uncooked rice. Blind-bake for 15 minutes. Remove weights or rice and paper. Bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes or until base is just firm. Cool completely in pans.
- Cut plums in half. Discard seeds. Drain on paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Make Streusel Topping: Combine flour, mixed spice, sugar, rind and pecans in a bowl. Rub in butter until well combined.
- Divide plum among pastry cases in pans. Cover with custard and sprinkle with streusel. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry and streusel are golden. Stand for 20 minutes. Carefully remove pies from pans. Serve warm or cold with ice-cream.
Nutritions of Plum and white chocolate custard streusel piescalories: 832.198 calories
calories: 45.9 grams fat
calories: 25.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 94 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11.1 grams protein
calories: 92 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 342 milligrams sodium