Hot and cold, creamy and crunchy, this easy dessert is ideal for pop-up dinner parties.
The ingredient of Choc-ice meringues with warm white chocolate sauce
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 50ml espresso
- 400g ready-made custard
- 300ml thickened cream
- 4 store-bought meringue nests
- Cocoa, to dust
- 75g white chocolate, chopped
- 100ml pure (thin) cream
The instruction how to make Choc-ice meringues with warm white chocolate sauce
- Place chocolate and coffee in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (dont let the bowl touch the water) and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl combine the custard and thickened cream, then stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Churn in an ice cream machine according to manufactureru2019s instructions. (Alternatively, pour mixture into a shallow container and freeze for 2-3 hours until frozen at the edges. Remove from the freezer and beat with electric beaters, then refreeze. Repeat process two or three times.) Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, make the white chocolate sauce. Place the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (donu2019t let the bowl touch the water) and stir until melted and smooth. Keep warm.
- Place the meringues on 4 serving plates, then top each with a scoop of the chocolate ice cream. Dust with cocoa powder and drizzle with the warm white chocolate sauce to serve.
Nutritions of Choc-ice meringues with warm white chocolate saucecalories: 1068.808 calories
calories: 70 grams fat
calories: 39.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 99.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 83.7 grams sugar
calories: 14.9 grams protein
calories: 187 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 430 milligrams sodium