Rich, runny chocolate and a splash of vanilla turn a slice of toast into a decadent dessert.
The ingredient of Hot chocolate French toasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8 slices crumpet toast
- 80g (1/3 cup) chocolate hazelnut spread
- 30g butter
- Icing sugar mixture, to dust
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Hot chocolate French toasts
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla in a large bowl until combined.
- Spread half the crumpet toast slices evenly with the chocolate frosting. Top with the remaining crumpet toast slices and press down firmly.
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Dip both sides of 2 sandwiches, 1 at a time, into the egg mixture to coat. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- Cut the French toasts in half, spread with chocolate spread and sandwich together. Divide among serving plates. Dust with icing sugar and serve with ice-cream.
Nutritions of Hot chocolate French toastscalories: 374.991 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 58 grams carbohydrates
calories: 19 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 130 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1097.23 milligrams sodium