Oozing with a gooey chocolate and walnut filling, this cute-as-a-button lattice pie is a treat for the eyes as well as the tastebuds.
The ingredient of Milk chocolate and walnut tart
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 190g butter, chilled, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chilled water
- 2 1/2 cups walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 x 200g block milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Double cream, to serve
- Icing sugar mixture, to serve
The instruction how to make Milk chocolate and walnut tart
- Reserve 2 teaspoons caster sugar. Place flour, 125g butter and remaining caster sugar in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1 egg. Pulse to combine. Gradually add chilled water and pulse until dough just comes together and forms a ball, adding extra water if necessary. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Press together to form a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface until 3mm thick (30cm round). Line a 3cm-deep, 24cm (base) round loose-based fluted flan tin with pastry. Trim excess. Re-roll excess pastry. Cut into a 9cm x 24cm rectangle. Cut lengthways into nine 1cm-wide strips.
- Place walnuts on a baking tray. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool. Place chocolate in a glass or ceramic heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally with a metal spoon, for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place walnuts, brown sugar and remaining butter in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add vanilla, melted chocolate and remaining eggs. Pulse to combine. Spread walnut mixture into pastry case. Smooth top.
- Arrange pastry strips in a lattice pattern over pie. Sprinkle lattice with reserved sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Dust with icing sugar mixture and serve with double cream.
Nutritions of Milk chocolate and walnut tartcalories: 580.77 calories
calories: 42 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 40 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 110 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 151.77 milligrams sodium