Rich chocolate mousse slices that everyone will love - your challenge is not to devour them all at once!
The ingredient of Chocolate mousse slice
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 200g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup thickened cream, whipped
- Dark chocolate, shaved, to serve
- Double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Chocolate mousse slice
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease an 18cm x 28cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing 3cm overhang on all sides.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter and cocoa powder in a bowl. Press over the base of prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool completely.
- Make mousse Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon. Cool.
- Add egg yolks to chocolate. Stir until just combined. Fold in cream. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon over base. Using a spatula, level top. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate mousse slicecalories: 415.621 calories
calories: 28 grams fat
calories: 17 grams saturated fat
calories: 36 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 91 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 262.34 milligrams sodium