These little chocolate mousses are the perfect end to a gourmet dinner party.
The ingredient of Little chocolate mousses
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- coloured cachous, to serve
The instruction how to make Little chocolate mousses
- Place chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon until melted and smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Wash and dry beaters. Beat eggwhites in a separate small bowl until soft peaks form. Sprinkle sugar over eggwhites. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is thick and glossy and sugar has dissolved.
- Add egg yolks to chocolate. Using a metal spoon, stir to combine (see note). Stir one-third of eggwhite mixture into chocolate mixture until well combined. Fold in remaining eggwhite mixture. Fold in cream.
- Spoon mixture into a large snap-lock bag. Snip a 1cm triangle from 1 corner of the bag. Pipe mixture into eight 70ml-capacity shot glasses. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or until firm. Decorate with cachous. Serve.
Nutritions of Little chocolate moussescalories: 217.968 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 79 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 38.84 milligrams sodium