Here is a simple and effective kids party idea - these little domino chocolate cakes taste as good as they look.
The ingredient of Chocolate dominoes
- 185g unsalted butter
- 250g dark chocolate bits
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 330g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) icing sugar
- 300g dark chocolate
- 180g unsalted butter
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
The instruction how to make Chocolate dominoes
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Grease and line the base of a 24 x 34cm rectangular pan.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted. Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Add chocolate mixture, the caster sugar, eggs and 1/2 cup water and beat until well combined. Pour into the pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the icing, place all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth and glossy.
- Once cake is cool, spread top with icing and allow to set before cutting into 3 x 5cm rectangles. Combine icing sugar and 1 1/2-2 tablespoons warm water in a bowl until smooth.
- Place in a piping bag and use the smallest nozzle (alternatively place in a freezer bag and make a small hole in one corner), to pipe a line horizontally across the centre of each cake, then pipe dots on each side of line to make a number; as on a domino.
Nutritions of Chocolate dominoescalories: