The challenge of making choux pastry will be so worth it when you get to gobble one of these cream-filled, chocolate-topped eclairs.
The ingredient of Chocolate eclairs
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 100g NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Dark Choc Melts
- 15g butter
- 60g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
The instruction how to make Chocolate eclairs
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Make basic choux pastry: Combine butter and 2/3 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until butter has melted and mixture just starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture comes away from side of pan and forms a ball. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Reserve 2 teaspoons egg. Using a wooden spoon, gradually beat in remaining egg until well combined and mixture forms a glossy dough (mixture should drop from the spoon).
- Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle. Pipe 12cm long logs, 6cm apart, onto prepared trays. Brush with reserved egg.
- Bake 1 tray of eclairs for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and puffed. Using a small knife, carefully cut eclairs in half horizontally. Return to oven, cut-side up. Bake for 5 minutes to dry out centres. Cool on tray. Increase temperature to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced. Repeat with remaining tray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream, vanilla and sugar until firm peaks. Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon cream into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle. Pipe cream evenly over eclair bases. Spread tops with chocolate mixture and place over cream. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chocolate has set. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate eclairscalories: 169.451 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 71 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 53.99 milligrams sodium