These easy to make chocolate tarts have a surprise caramel and raspberry filling inside.
The ingredient of Surprise chocolate tarts
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 2 tbsp Cadbury Bournville Cocoa
- 2 tbsp Coles Brand Caster Sugar
- 125g chilled butter, chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp iced water
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 200g Coles Brand Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 125ml cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp Nestle Top n Fill Caramel
- Pinch sea salt flakes, plus extra to sprinkle
- 2 tbsp Coles Finest Raspberry Jam
- 2 tbsp frozen raspberries
The instruction how to make Surprise chocolate tarts
- Process flour, cocoa powder and sugar in a food processor until combined. Add the butter and process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Combine the iced water and vinegar in a bowl. With the motor running, gradually add the vinegar mixture to the flour mixture until the dough comes together. Shape into a 25cm disc and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 15 mins.
- Roll out pastry until 3-4mm thick. Cut five 11cm discs from the pastry. Roll excess and repeat to make another 3 discs. Line eight 8.5cm base fluted tart tins with pastry. Chill for 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C or 180u00b0C fan. Place tins on a large baking tray. Line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 12 mins. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown. Cool in the tins on a wire rack.
- To make the caramel filling, place caramel in a small bowl and stir in salt. Spoon into 4 tart shells. To make the raspberry filling, place jam and raspberries in a small bowl. Crush with a fork. Spoon into remaining shells.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour over chocolate. Stand for 5 mins. Gently whisk until combined. Pour into tart shells. To identify which tart is which, sprinkle caramel tarts with a little salt. Stand in a cool place for 2-3 hrs or until set.
Nutritions of Surprise chocolate tartscalories: 440.238 calories
calories: 25.9 grams fat
calories: 13.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 48.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25.5 grams sugar
calories: 5.2 grams protein
calories: 162 milligrams sodium