It might not snow in Australia during Christmas but people will still be snowball fighting over who gets to eat the last of these delicious treats.
The ingredient of Chocolate snowballs
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar
The instruction how to make Chocolate snowballs
- Preheat the oven to 175u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the dark chocolate and chopped butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water over low heat (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Stir mixture until melted and smooth, then remove the bowl from the heat and stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir caster sugar into chocolate until dissolved. Gradually add eggs, stirring until well combined. Add vanilla, flour, cocoa and baking powder and mix until a smooth dough. Cover and chill for no more than 30 minutes to firm.
- Use hands to roll 2 level tablespoons of the dough into a ball. Repeat until you have 14 balls. Sift the icing sugar into a dish, then dip each ball into the dish and dust heavily in icing sugar and place on the prepared trays about 2cm apart. Bake the snowballs for 10-12 minutes until firm to the touch. Cool on the trays.
Nutritions of Chocolate snowballscalories: