This is how you take fruit salad to the next level.
The ingredient of Watermelon, raspberry & mint salad
- 75g (1/2 cup) hazelnuts
- 160ml (2/3 cup) water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lime juice
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 small (about 400g) watermelon, rind removed, cut into thin wedges
- 2 x 120g punnets raspberries
- 1 x 250g punnet strawberries, washed, hulled, halved
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh mint
The instruction how to make Watermelon, raspberry & mint salad
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spread the hazelnuts over a baking tray. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until toasted. Place hazelnuts on a clean tea towel and rub to remove the skins. Coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, stir the water, lime juice and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Place the watermelon, raspberries, strawberries and mint in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with lime syrup and gently toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill and develop the flavours. Sprinkle with hazelnuts to serve.
Nutritions of Watermelon, raspberry & mint saladcalories: 298.989 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 7.77 milligrams sodium