Theres much to entice about this side with rice, its delicious and low in price!
The ingredient of Wild rice and rocket salad
- 1 cup Sunrice wild rice blend (with mushrooms)
- 1/2 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes, drained, halved
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 100g baby rocket
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Wild rice and rocket salad
- Place rice and 2 cups cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 12 to 14 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Using a fork, stir rice to separate grains.
- Combine rice, onion, tomato, olives and rocket in a bowl. Place vinegar, oil and garlic in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Pour vinegar mixture over rice mixture. Toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Wild rice and rocket saladcalories: 328.147 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 321.41 milligrams sodium