Kids love making these endearing cookies, and the recipe is based in relation to store-bought sugar cookie dough, so itâ€™s easy. Depending re their age, kids can put up to roll and cut out dough, sort candies into piles by color, smash the candies into smithereens, and fill the cookie cutouts once color. To make the cookies as shown youâ€™ll dependence obsession two star-shaped cookie cutters, one 4 Â½ to 5 inches and one 2 Â½ inches wide. And itâ€™s essential to have nonstick baking mats (such as Silpat) or parchment paper to allowance the melted candy â€œstained glassâ€ from sticking. The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Ashley Strickland Freeman](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Ashley-Strickland-Freeman).
The ingredient of Stained Glass Cookie Stars
- 16 ounces sugar cookie dough 1 log refrigerated cookie dough is 16-16.5 ounces
- 1/2 cup flour benefit a little more for rolling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 1/4 ounces LifeSavers Hard Candy fruit-flavored; or use a same thesame hard candy
The instruction how to make Stained Glass Cookie Stars
- Line 3 sheet pans with nonstick baking mats or parchment paper.
- Place cookie dough in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment until smooth. Add u00bd cup flour, the cornstarch, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Roll out dough to u00bc-inch thickness and cut into star shapes using a 4 u00bd-5-inch cookie cutter. Place cookies on the prepared pans 1 inch apart. Use a 2u00bd-inch star cutter to remove the centers and also place them on the sheet pans.
- Re-roll and cut scraps the same way. (You should have about 2 dozen cookies.) Place the sheet pans in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325u00b0. While it preheats, unwrap each candy and separate by color. Place each color into a zip-top bag and seal. Set bags on a work surface and crush with a rolling pin or meat mallet into small to medium pieces. Place crushed candies, by color, into separate bowls.
- Remove 1 cookie pan from the refrigerator. Carefully sprinkle crushed candies into the empty star centers of the cutout cookies, slightly mounding the candies. Nudge candies into corners of the star cutouts with your fingers or a toothpick. Sprinkle candy on top of the small star cutouts if you like.
- Bake cookies 1 pan at a time in the center of the oven until the dough just begins to brown and the candy is melted and shiny like stained glass, 10-11 minutes.
- Set pan on a cooling rack and let cookies cool completely on the pan. Repeat to make remaining cookies. The candy will be the most crisp if cookies are made and eaten the same day, but you can store them on sheet pans up to 1 day covered with foil.
Nutritions of Stained Glass Cookie Stars@type: NutritionInformation
@type: 80 calories
@type: 17 grams
@type: 1 grams
@type: 2 grams
@type: 2 grams