Kick off the week with a zingy salad with fresh ginger, fennel and honey-lime flavours.
The ingredient of Lamb, spinach & ginger salad
- Olive oil spray
- 2 lamb eye of loin (backstraps), fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 400g can salt-reduced chickpeas
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 1 baby fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh ginger
- 4 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 40g (1/4 cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
The instruction how to make Lamb, spinach & ginger salad
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Season the lamb with pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned and cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, spinach, fennel, mint, ginger, shallot and almonds in a large bowl.
- Whisk lime rind, lime juice, honey, oil and mustard in a jug. Season with pepper. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Divide the salad and lamb among serving plates.
Nutritions of Lamb, spinach & ginger saladcalories: 334.6 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 28 grams protein