The ingredient of Warm lentil & spinach salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 small fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 45g can anchovy fillets, drained, finely chopped
- 2 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 80g baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pan-fried fish fillets (like snapper, blue eye trevalla or salmon), to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Warm lentil & spinach salad
- Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until the onion is almost soft. Add the chillies and anchovies, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the onion is soft.
- Add the lentils to the pan and cook over medium heat, tossing gently, for 2 minutes or until well combined and heated through (take care not to break up the lentils). Taste and season with pepper.
- Place the spinach and coriander in a large serving bowl. Add the lentil mixture and drizzle with the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Gently toss to combine and serve immediately with the fish and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Warm lentil & spinach saladcalories: 162.759 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 259.8 milligrams sodium