Although its name is similar, broccoli rabe is actually a part of the turnip family and not the broccoli one. Discover its slightly bitter flavour in this healthy salad.
The ingredient of Broccoli rabe pasta salad
- 500g San Remo small bowtie pasta
- 100g Great Lakes sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, finely shredded
- 4 shallots, trimmed, sliced
- 100g pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons Bertolli extra light olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Praise Italian dressing
The instruction how to make Broccoli rabe pasta salad
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, cut the sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips. Place the broccoli rabe in a large bowl. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, shallots, pine nuts and oregano.
- Stir the olive oil through the pasta. Add the broccoli rabe mixture to the pasta and toss until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Add the dressing and toss to coat just before serving.
Nutritions of Broccoli rabe pasta saladcalories: 734.208 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 105 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams sugar
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 503.49 milligrams sodium