To prevent the avocado from turning brown in this perfect lunchbox salad, toss gently in a little lemon juice before adding to the recipe.
The ingredient of Spiced chickpea and olive salad
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces, roasted
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup Sicilian olives
- 80g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chargrilled red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced chickpea and olive salad
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, cumin and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add chickpeas and pumpkin. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut asparagus in half lengthways. Slice into 4cm lengths. Place asparagus in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
- Place chickpea and pumpkin mixture in a large bowl. Add asparagus, olives, baby spinach, chargrilled capsicum and avocado. Combine vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad. Toss gently to combine. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Spiced chickpea and olive saladcalories: 660.357 calories
calories: 40.9 grams fat
calories: 7.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 54 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16.2 grams protein
calories: 1248 milligrams sodium