Takeaway is no match for this meal - our sizzling chicken is not only quick, but also wins on taste, value and freshness.
The ingredient of Peri peri chicken salad
- 2 long fresh red chillies, halved
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 12 (about 600g) chicken tenderloins
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
The instruction how to make Peri peri chicken salad
- Remove the seeds from the chillies, if desired. Finely chop. Place in a bowl. Stir in lemon rind, olive oil, oregano, garlic and lemon juice. Add chicken. Toss to coat.
- Spray a barbecue grill or chargrill with oil. Heat on medium-high. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Whisk the extra virgin olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Add the spinach, onion and tomato to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Divide the chicken and spinach mixture among serving plates.
Nutritions of Peri peri chicken saladcalories: 344.16 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 5.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33 grams protein