The ingredient of Lamb couscous salad
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 (about 500g) lamb eye of loin (backstrap) trimmed
- 2 eggplant, cut into 4cm cubes
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and roughly chopped
- 500g couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, extra
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
The instruction how to make Lamb couscous salad
- Place the lemon juice, oil, garlic, mixed herbs, salt and pepper in a large nonmetallic bowl and mix until well combined. Add the lamb and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 25 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, toss the eggplant, zucchini and capsicum in a little oil, salt and pepper and cook on a stovetop grill or barbecue for 8-10 minutes or until tender (note: times for each vegetable will differ - the eggplant will take the longest). Remove and set aside.
- Drain the lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from grill, cover in foil and set aside to rest.
- Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to come up 1cm higher than the level of the couscous. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 mins or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the plastic from the couscous and fluff grains with a fork. Stir through the extra oil and lemon juice, then fold through the grilled vegetables and mint. Divide the couscous among serving plates and top with sliced lamb.
Nutritions of Lamb couscous saladcalories: 457.685 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 48 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 48.19 milligrams sodium