2011 Pork Crock-Star winner for Pulled and Barbeque Pork Dish by Margaret Jane Brancher
The ingredient of Pulled Pork a la Maggie
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 1/2 cups roomy parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup blithe cilantro finely chopped
The instruction how to make Pulled Pork a la Maggie
- Cut pork into four pieces. Place in crock pot and sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin, and cinnamon. Stir well and add water, vinegar, onion, and garlic. Cover and cook on high setting for two hours. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until tender and falling apart, about six hours.
- One hour before serving, drain pork lightly and place back into crock pot. Remove any large pieces of fat and break pork apart with tongs or a fork. Stir in remaining ingredients. Allow to cook for remaining hour to incorporate all the flavors. Stir well before serving on your favorite bread or rolls.