Candied walnuts and sharp goats cheese make this salad a standout.
The ingredient of Beetroot & walnut salad
- 2 bunches baby beetroot, trimmed
- Olive oil, to grease
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 55g (1/2 cup) walnut halves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 bunches rocket leaves
- 80g goats cheese, crumbled
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Coles Italian Red Wine Vinegar
The instruction how to make Beetroot & walnut salad
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Use a fork to prick beetroot. Place on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool. Peel and halve.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Brush a wire rack with oil. Place over tray. Place the sugar in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, without stirring, tilting pan occasionally, for 4 minutes or until sugar melts. Stir in walnuts to coat. Pour onto rack and separate walnuts. Sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 30 minutes to set.
- Combine the rocket and beetroot in a serving bowl. Top with goatu2019s cheese and walnuts. Combine oil and vinegar in a jug and drizzle over the salad.
Nutritions of Beetroot & walnut saladcalories: 319.065 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 33 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.5 grams protein