This beautiful dessert is cleverly put together for you to please with ease!
The ingredient of Chilled coconut rice pudding with caramelised pineapple
- 800ml coconut milk
- 300ml milk
- 120g caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) arborio rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 stick lemongrass, bruised
- 2 star anise
- Toasted coconut flakes, to serve
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, flesh cut into chunks
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons (1/3 cup) light brown sugar
The instruction how to make Chilled coconut rice pudding with caramelised pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C.
- To caramelise the pineapple, place it in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Place remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Pour over the pineapple. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pineapple is golden and caramelised. Set aside to cool.
- While the pineapple is cooking, place the coconut milk and milk in a saucepan with the sugar, rice, cinnamon, lemongrass and star anise. Cook over low heat, stirring every few minutes, for about 20 minutes or until rice is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. Discard cinnamon, lemongrass and star anise. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To serve, place rice pudding in serving bowls and top with caramelised pineapple. Drizzle with pineapple juices and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Nutritions of Chilled coconut rice pudding with caramelised pineapplecalories: 852.752 calories
calories: 46 grams fat
calories: 38 grams saturated fat
calories: 101 grams carbohydrates
calories: 79 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 42 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 112.3 milligrams sodium