Get ahead and freeze these irresistible goodies, ready to treat friends and family all through the festive season.
The ingredient of Fresh date and fig puddings with maple custard
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g fresh dates, pitted
- 185ml (3/4 cup) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 80ml (1/3 cup) brandy
- 125g butter
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 150g Angas Park Soft & Juicy Figs, coarsely chopped
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) bought vanilla custard
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pure maple syrup, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Fresh date and fig puddings with maple custard
- Preheat oven to 180u00baC. Brush six 350ml-capacity ramekins or pudding moulds with melted butter. Place in a baking dish. Combine dates, water and bicarbonate of soda in a heatproof bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Use a fork to coarsely mash. Stir in 2 tablespoons of brandy.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift the combined flour, mixed spice, ginger and cloves into a bowl. Fold flour mixture and date mixture, in alternating batches, into the egg mixture until just smooth. Fold in figs.
- Divide among the prepared ramekins. Smooth the surfaces. Add enough boiling water to the baking dish to come halfway up the side of the ramekins. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Remove the ramekins from the dish. Set aside to cool.
- Stir the custard, cream, maple syrup and remaining brandy in a saucepan over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Turn out the puddings and divide among serving plates. Drizzle over the maple custard and extra maple syrup.
Nutritions of Fresh date and fig puddings with maple custardcalories: