Queen Elizabeth II is reportedly partial to a bread and butter pudding, so as were celebrating her birthday today, we thought she wouldnt mind this delicious variation.
The ingredient of Cappuccino bread and butter pudding cake
- 1 large brioche loaf, thinly sliced
- 180g unsalted butter, softened
- 350g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 100ml strong espresso coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 700ml cream
- 200ml full-cream milk
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Warm chocolate sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Cappuccino bread and butter pudding cake
- Spread the brioche slices with 150g of butter. Alternate layers of brioche with 200g of the chocolate in a greased 25cm round spring-form pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, coffee, vanilla, 600ml of cream and the milk in a bowl until combined. Strain through a sieve over the brioche and chocolate and set aside for 1 hour to allow the liquid to be absorbed.
- Preheat the oven to 150u00b0C.
- Place cake pan on a flat baking tray and bake for 1 1/4 hours until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- To make the chocolate sauce, place the remaining butter, chocolate and cream in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water until butter and chocolate have melted, then stir gently to combine.
- Remove collar from cake pan, dust cake with icing sugar and serve with the chocolate sauce.
Nutritions of Cappuccino bread and butter pudding cakecalories: 1042.04 calories
calories: 74 grams fat
calories: 45 grams saturated fat
calories: 74 grams carbohydrates
calories: 45 grams sugar
calories: 21 grams protein
calories: 423 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 393.89 milligrams sodium