These colourful biscuits make delicious gifts and will delight the kids at the next birthday party.
The ingredient of Belgian biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- red food colouring
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
The instruction how to make Belgian biscuits
- Place sugar, butter and egg into a food processor. Process until well combined. Add mixed spice, cinnamon, 1 3/4 cups of flour and baking powder. Pulse until combined. Add remaining flour. Pulse until mixture comes together to form a dough. Remove to bench.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into 2 x 10cm (diameter) discs. Wrap separately in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll each pastry disc out between 2 sheets of baking paper to 5mm thick. Using a 6cm fluted cutter, cut out biscuits. Press remaining dough together and roll out again, continuing until you have 56 biscuits. Place biscuits onto prepared trays. Bake 2 trays at a time for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden. Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Spread half the biscuits with jam. Sandwich with remaining biscuits.
- Make coloured sugar: Place sugar into a snap-lock bag. Add 1 to 2 drops of red food colouring. Rub bag between your hands until sugar and colouring are well combined. Store in an airtight jar.
- Make icing: Sift icing sugar into a small bowl. Add milk and butter. Stir until mixture is well combined and a spreadable consistency. If too stiff, add a little more milk. Spread over biscuits. Sprinkle with coloured sugar. Serve.
Nutritions of Belgian biscuitscalories: