Recreate the fresh flavours of Thai cuisine in this easy strawberry coconut cream pudding dessert.
The ingredient of Coconut cream pudding with strawberries in kaffir lime syrup
- 600ml pure (thin) cream
- 1 pandanus leaf (see note), tied
- 1 1/3 cups (300g) caster sugar
- 4 titanium-strength gelatine leaves (see note)
- 300ml coconut cream, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded (see note)
- 250g punnet strawberries, halved
- Toasted coconut, to serve
The instruction how to make Coconut cream pudding with strawberries in kaffir lime syrup
- Bring cream, pandanus leaf and 180g sugar to just below boiling point in a pan over medium-low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes or until soft. Squeeze excess water from gelatine then add leaves to warm cream, stirring to dissolve. Add coconut cream, then pour into a 1L terrine lined with plastic wrap. Chill overnight to set.
- Place 1 cup (250ml) water and remaining 120g sugar in a pan over low heat, stirring to dissolve. Simmer for 2 minutes, cool, then stir in lime zest and juice and kaffir lime leaves. Place strawberries in a bowl, pour over syrup and macerate for 1 hour (no longer or the fruit will discolour).
- Tip the terrine out on a plate and cut into thick slices. Serve with berries, toasted coconut and extra coconut cream.
Nutritions of Coconut cream pudding with strawberries in kaffir lime syrupcalories: 1007.863 calories
calories: 70 grams fat
calories: 49 grams saturated fat
calories: 84 grams carbohydrates
calories: 84 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 158 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 90.04 milligrams sodium