Weve give rice pudding a gourmet twist with a hint of vanilla and a crunchy brulee topping.
The ingredient of Chilled rice pudding with brulee topping
- 1 cup (220g) arborio rice
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 600ml creme anglaise, (see notes) or store-bought custard
- 1/3 cup (105g) redcurrant jelly
- 250g punnet strawberries, halved
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
The instruction how to make Chilled rice pudding with brulee topping
- Cook the rice and vanilla pod and seeds with a pinch of salt in a saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes or until al dente. Drain, discarding pod, and cool slightly. Combine with the creme anglaise and transfer to a 1.5L (6 cup) baking dish. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, place jelly and 2 tbs water in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in berries, then set aside until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle sugar over the pudding, then use a kitchen blowtorch to caramelise the sugar. (Alternatively, cook under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until caramelised.)
- Serve the pudding with the berry mixture drizzled over.
Nutritions of Chilled rice pudding with brulee toppingcalories: