Traditional bread and butter pudding is given adult appeal with a splash of Kahlua and dark chocolate.
The ingredient of Chocolate Kahlua bread and butter puddings
- 8 slices toast bread, crusts removed
- 40g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, melted
- 300ml milk, warmed
- 1/3 cup Kahlua
- ice-cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Chocolate Kahlua bread and butter puddings
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Lightly grease 4 x 1 1/4-cup capacity ovenproof ramekins.
- Lightly spread both sides of bread slices with butter. Cut into fingers.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs for 3 minutes, or until pale and thick. Stir in chocolate, milk and Kahlua. Whisk until well combined.
- Divide bread between ramekins. Pour over chocolate mixture. Stand for 15 minutes. Place ramekins into a baking dish. Pour boiling water into dish to come halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake for 40 minutes, until set. Serve with ice-cream.
Nutritions of Chocolate Kahlua bread and butter puddingscalories: 757.391 calories
calories: 31 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 90 grams carbohydrates
calories: 64 grams sugar
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 197 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 359.85 milligrams sodium