"The proof of the pudding is in the eating," Sancho famously said to Don Quixote - this winter, dont waste any time finding out just how good these sticky banana puddings are.
The ingredient of Upside-down banana puddings with cinnamon custard
- 3 ripe bananas
- 20g butter
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 60g butter, chopped, extra
- 3/4 cup (155g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
The instruction how to make Upside-down banana puddings with cinnamon custard
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line the base of six 1-cup (250ml) metal dariole moulds with baking paper. Place on an oven tray.
- Use a small, sharp knife to thinly slice one of the bananas. Heat the butter in a medium frying pan over high heat until foaming. Add the banana slices and cook for 30 seconds or until golden brown. Remove from heat. Place banana slices in the base of each prepared mould.
- Use a fork to mash the remaining bananas until smooth. Add the boiling water and bicarbonate of soda and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place the banana mixture, extra butter, sugar, eggs and flour in the bowl of a food processor and process until just combined. Pour evenly among the prepared moulds and smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, to make the cinnamon custard, combine the milk and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer (do not boil). Combine the flour, sugar and egg yolks in a heatproof bowl. While whisking, gradually add the hot milk in a thin, steady stream. Whisk until smooth. Pour into a clean saucepan and place over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until custard thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Turn the puddings onto serving plates. Serve immediately with custard.
Nutritions of Upside-down banana puddings with cinnamon custardcalories: 456.729 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 67 grams carbohydrates
calories: 46 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 150 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 494.83 milligrams sodium