Take your taste-buds on an exotic journey with this authentic Iranian version of rice pudding.
The ingredient of Creamy rice puddings with rosewater (Shir berenj)
- 1 cup (200g) Basmati rice, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2/3 cup (140g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rosewater
- 3/4 cup (185ml) thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Silver cachous, to decorate
- Dried rose petals or rosebuds, to decorate
The instruction how to make Creamy rice puddings with rosewater (Shir berenj)
- Combine the rice, milk and water in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until rice is tender and the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add the sugar, rosewater, cream and cardamom and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until rice pudding thickens. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Rinse 8 x 1/2 cup (125ml) timbales or cone-shaped moulds with water. Spoon rice mixture into timbales and invert onto plates. Sprinkle with cachous and rose petals. Serve immediately. Alternatively, spoon warm rice mixture among serving bowls and sprinkle with cachous and rose petals to serve.
Nutritions of Creamy rice puddings with rosewater (Shir berenj)calories: 289.668 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 43 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 33.33 milligrams sodium