Winner of the taste.com.au 5th birthday competition, member sariee, created this gooey, soft-centered chocolate pudding with an Indian twist.
The ingredient of Chocolate cardamom pudding with chai ice-cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 cups cream
- 2 eggs
- 7 egg yolks
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 4 dried black peppercorns
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons loose leaf black tea
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter
- 1/8 cup plain flour
The instruction how to make Chocolate cardamom pudding with chai ice-cream
- For the ice-cream, put the milk and 150g sugar in a saucepan. Add cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves, peppercorns, and ginger and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a jug, mix the cream and 6 egg yolks together. Add this to the milk mixture and stir constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Add the tea, turn off the heat, cover saucepan and allow to infuse for about 20 minutes. Strain, chill the mixture in the fridge, and once cool, pour into an ice-cream maker and freeze according to the ice-cream makers instructions.
- For the puddings, grease two 200ml metal pudding moulds. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and 1 egg yolk with 50g sugar with an electric beater until thick.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the beaten eggs and fold in the flour and the ground cardamom. Pour mixture into moulds and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the top feels firm but the middle is still soft. Allow to cool in moulds for 2 minutes before turning out. Serve with the ice-cream.
Nutritions of Chocolate cardamom pudding with chai ice-creamcalories: