Weve found a great way to use juicy winter pears - peel and poach them, then put them centre-stage in this gorgeous dessert.
The ingredient of Gingerbread puddings with poached pears and golden syrup
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 430g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 1 strip lemon rind
- 6 small pears, peeled
- Melted butter, to grease
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 80ml (1/3 cup) golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
- 2 eggs
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 40g (1/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- Pure icing sugar, to dust
- Golden syrup, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Gingerbread puddings with poached pears and golden syrup
- Place the water, sugar and lemon rind in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Add the pears. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the pears are just tender. Set aside to cool. Use a slotted spoon to remove the pears from the pan. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Brush six 300ml-capacity oven-proof dishes with melted butter to grease. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, golden syrup and extra sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the combined flour, ginger and cloves into a bowl. Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the egg mixture, in batches, and stir until combined. Divide among the prepared dishes. Smooth the surfaces. Press a pear into the centre of each dish.
- Place the dishes on a large baking tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into puddings comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Dust with icing sugar and drizzle over extra golden syrup to serve.
Nutritions of Gingerbread puddings with poached pears and golden syrupcalories: 709.113 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 123 grams carbohydrates
calories: 103 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 126 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 105.98 milligrams sodium