Sink a spoon into soft sponge pudding with a sweet, syrupy layer of cherries and dish up bowls of winter warmth.
The ingredient of Dark cherry and chocolate sponge
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 x 415g can dark pitted cherries, syrup reserved
- 60g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 60g (1/3 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 100g (2/3 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, extra
- Shaved dark chocolate, to serve
- Thickened cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Dark cherry and chocolate sponge
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Combine the cornflour and water in a small bowl. Place cherries and syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Add cornflour mixture. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Pour into a 1L (4-cup) capacity shallow ovenproof dish.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat until well combined. Stir in the milk. Sift in the flour and cocoa. Fold until just combined.
- Spoon over the cherry mixture and smooth the surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Combine icing sugar and extra cocoa in a bowl. Sift over the pudding. Sprinkle with chocolate and serve with cream.
Nutritions of Dark cherry and chocolate spongecalories: 274.611 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 40 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams sugar
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 63 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 149.88 milligrams sodium