The choc-mint combo never goes out of style and in this classic pudding, its dessert heaven.
The ingredient of Choc-mint charlottes with chocolate sauce
- 2 x 500g pkts chocolate block cake (see note)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 150g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, melted, cooled
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) thickened cream
- 2 x 35g bars Nestle Peppermint Crisp, coarsely chopped
- Choc-mint ice-cream, to serve
- 150g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) thickened cream
The instruction how to make Choc-mint charlottes with chocolate sauce
- Use a serrated knife to trim the icing from the cakes. Discard icing. Cut each cake horizontally into 4 layers. Use a round 4cm cutter to cut 8 discs from the cake. Use a round 5.5cm cutter to cut 8 more discs from the cake. Cut remaining cake into strips about 2.5cm wide and 5cm long.
- Line eight 250ml (1-cup) capacity moulds with plastic wrap, allowing the edges to overhang. Divide the smaller cake discs among the bases of the moulds. Line the sides with the cake strips, slightly overlapping.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Whisk in the chocolate. Beat the cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Whisk the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until soft peaks form. Use a large metal spoon to fold a spoonful of cream into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining cream. Use the spoon to fold a spoonful of egg white into the chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining egg white until just combined. Fold in the peppermint crisp.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture evenly among the moulds. Tap gently on the benchtop to remove any air bubbles. Place the larger cake discs on top of each mould, pressing down gently. Fold over the plastic wrap to cover. Place on a baking tray. Place in the fridge overnight to set.
- To make the chocolate sauce, combine the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave on high/800watts/100% for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Turn the charlottes onto serving plates. Drizzle over the sauce and serve with ice-cream.
Nutritions of Choc-mint charlottes with chocolate saucecalories: 1188.547 calories
calories: 91 grams fat
calories: 57 grams saturated fat
calories: 79 grams carbohydrates
calories: 65 grams sugar
calories: 14 grams protein
calories: 359 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 344.74 milligrams sodium