Drizzle hot butterscotch sauce over these individual sticky puddings and watch everyones face light up.
The ingredient of Fig and date sticky toffee puddings
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g (3/4 cup) whole dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 135g (3/4 cup) pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) boiling water
- 4 earl grey tea bags
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Double cream, to serve
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- 50g butter, chopped
The instruction how to make Fig and date sticky toffee puddings
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Brush eight 250ml (1-cup) capacity metal dariole moulds with melted butter to lightly grease. Place on a baking tray.
- Combine the fig, date, water and tea bags in a medium heatproof bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to soak. Remove and discard the tea bags.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda alternately with the fig mixture until just combined. Spoon mixture evenly among prepared moulds.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until a metal skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes before turning onto serving plates.
- Meanwhile, to make the butterscotch sauce, combine the sugar, cream and butter in a medium saucepan and stir over low heat for 5 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Pour the hot butterscotch sauce over the puddings. Serve immediately with double cream, if desired.
Nutritions of Fig and date sticky toffee puddingscalories: 687.125 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 89 grams carbohydrates
calories: 68 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 665.46 milligrams sodium