The ingredient of Pear puddings with cardamom creme anglaise
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 corella pears, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 125g butter, extra, softened
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (55g) hazelnut meal
- 1/3 cup (90g) natural yoghurt
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
The instruction how to make Pear puddings with cardamom creme anglaise
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Grease and line the bases of six 1-cup (250ml) dariole moulds. Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the pear slices. Add half the pear to the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until caramelised and tender. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining pear slices. Place a pear slice in the base of each prepared mould.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the extra butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition until just combined. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the cinnamon, cardamom, combined flours, hazelnut meal and yoghurt until just combined. Spoon mixture evenly among the prepared moulds and smooth the surface. Place the remaining pear slices on top of each pudding. Place on an oven tray and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 2 minutes before turning out on to serving plates.
- Meanwhile, to make the creme anglaise, place the milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and cardamom in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer (do not boil).
- Meanwhile, use a balloon whisk to whisk the sugar, egg yolks and cornflour in large heatproof bowl until well combined. Gradually pour the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture while whisking continuously.
- Return mixture to a clean saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Strain custard into a heatproof jug.
- Turn puddings out on to serving dishes. Drizzle with creme anglaise and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pear puddings with cardamom creme anglaisecalories: 820.487 calories
calories: 49 grams fat
calories: 80 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 307.81 milligrams sodium