This soft-centred dark chocolate pudding will surprise and delight. Easier than they look, they can even be made ahead!
The ingredient of Gooey chocolate orange puddings
- 10g butter, melted (for greasing)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 200g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons breakfast marmalade
- 1/2 cup double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Gooey chocolate orange puddings
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease six 4.5cm-deep, 8cm (base), 1/2-cup-capacity ovenproof ramekins with melted butter. Line bases with baking paper. Place on a baking tray.
- Place caster sugar and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Add orange segments. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 8 minutes or until syrup has thickened slightly. Remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate, butter and brown sugar in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure base of bowl does not touch water). Heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool.
- Add eggs and orange rind to chocolate mixture, whisking until combined. Sift over flour. Whisk until combined. Divide 3/4 of batter evenly among prepared ramekins. Spoon 1 teaspoon of marmalade into the centre of each pudding (it will slowly sink into the batter). Divide remaining batter evenly among ramekins. (If making ahead, see Notes.)
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a crust has formed on top, but puddings are still wobbly to touch in the centre. Remove from oven. Stand to cool for 2 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge of puddings to loosen. Gently turn puddings onto serving plates. Serve immediately with orange syrup and cream.
Nutritions of Gooey chocolate orange puddingscalories: 619.966 calories
calories: 48 grams fat
calories: 29.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 40.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.6 grams protein
calories: 189 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 273 milligrams sodium