Baking intensifies the flavour of the strawberries in this French dessert, which soften and collapse into the custard.
The ingredient of Strawberry clafoutis
- Melted butter, to grease
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 240g (1 cup) bought thick vanilla custard
- 250ml (1 cup) pouring cream
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries, washed, hulled, halved if large
- Thickened cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Strawberry clafoutis
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a shallow 2L (8-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with melted butter to grease. Whisk the eggs, vanilla, sugar and flour in a large bowl. Add the custard and pouring cream, and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Arrange strawberries over the custard mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Serve with thickened cream.
Nutritions of Strawberry clafoutiscalories: 360.651 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 35 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 192 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 96.73 milligrams sodium