Deck the halls for this modern, Christmas day dessert with no trimming spared!
The ingredient of Golden boiled pudding
- 1 cup finely chopped dried pineapple
- 1 cup finely chopped dried peach
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apple
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored, grated
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- Custard, to serve
The instruction how to make Golden boiled pudding
- Combine dried fruit, apple and brandy in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand overnight in a cool place.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until just combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined. Stir butter mixture into fruit mixture. Add bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice, breadcrumbs, almond meal and 1 cup flour. Stir to combine.
- Pour hot water into a large saucepan until three-quarters full. Cover. Bring to the boil over high heat. Add calico cloth to pot. Boil for 1 minute. Wearing gloves, remove cloth from pot. Squeeze out excess water. Spread cloth on bench. Rub remaining flour into centre of cloth to form a 40cm circle (leave flour thicker in centre of cloth where pudding skin will need to be thickest).
- Spoon pudding mixture on centre of prepared cloth. Gather edges around mixture, pulling tightly to avoid deep pleats. Shape pudding into a round. Tie up tightly with string. Place pudding in pan. Lower pudding into water. Tie string to handle of pan. Ensure water covers pudding at all times (add boiling water if needed). Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Boil for 3 hours.
- Untie string from handle. Remove pudding. Hang pudding to dry, ensuring base doesnu2019t rest on bench (this will result in a flat-topped pudding). Place bowl under pudding to catch water. Set aside for 15 minutes or until cloth has dried.
- Place pudding on a plate or board. Remove string. Peel back top of cloth. Turn onto a plate. Carefully peel cloth from pudding to prevent skin from sticking to cloth. Set aside for 20 minutes or until pudding becomes firm. Serve.
Nutritions of Golden boiled puddingcalories: 869.004 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 106 grams carbohydrates
calories: 70 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 180 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 543.65 milligrams sodium