Buttery golden croissants and tangy berries give you a winter pud like no other!
The ingredient of Raspberry and croissant bread and butter pudding
- 4 thick slices raisin bread, crusts removed
- 40g butter, melted
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 8 medium croissants, split
- 11/3 cups Pauls Double Thick French Vanilla Custard, plus extra to serve
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, partially thawed
The instruction how to make Raspberry and croissant bread and butter pudding
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Brush both sides of bread with butter. Cut each slice into 4 squares. Spread jam over cut sides of croissants.
- Combine custard and cream in a jug. Pour 1/2 over base of a 4cm-deep, 16cm x 22.5cm metal baking pan. Arrange 2/3 of bread in pan, pushing into custard. Place croissant bases, jam-side up, in pan, pushing into custard. Sprinkle with 1/2 the raspberries. Drizzle with 3/4 of remaining custard mixture.
- Top with remaining bread, then croissant halves, jam-side down, pushing into custard. Spoon remaining custard into any gaps. Sprinkle with remaining raspberries.
- Place pan in a deep roasting pan. Fill with boiling water to halfway up side of baking pan. Carefully transfer to oven. Bake for 1 hour or until centre of pudding is just firm to touch. Remove from oven. Stand for 5 minutes. Remove from water. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve with extra custard.
Nutritions of Raspberry and croissant bread and butter puddingcalories: 490.189 calories
calories: 25.4 grams fat
calories: 16.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 55.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.5 grams protein
calories: 46 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 273 milligrams sodium