This warming bread and butter pudding is exactly what you need on a chilly winters night.
The ingredient of Apricot and cranberry bread and butter pudding cake
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 170g half baguette, ends trimmed, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 225g rectangle slab sponge cake, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Icing sugar mixture, to serve
The instruction how to make Apricot and cranberry bread and butter pudding cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round (base) cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Combine butter and jam in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Brush one side of each bread slice with half the jam mixture. Arrange half the bread slices, jam-side up, over base of prepared pan. Top with half the sponge. Drizzle with half the remaining jam mixture. Sprinkle with half the cranberries. Top with remaining sponge. Drizzle with remaining jam mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cranberries. Arrange remaining bread slices, jam-side up, in a circle over the top.
- Place eggs, egg yolks, sugar, cream, milk and vanilla in a large jug. Whisk until combined. Pour mixture into pan. Press bread down slightly to cover with egg mixture. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and custard has set. Stand cake in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a serving plate. Dust with icing sugar. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Apricot and cranberry bread and butter pudding cakecalories: 529.385 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 61 grams carbohydrates
calories: 44 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 223 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 308.51 milligrams sodium