These coconut puddings are so simple to make and are pure perfection when partnered with vanilla-poached pineapple.
The ingredient of Coconut and yoghurt puddings with vanilla-poached pineapple
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 45g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 330g (1 1/4 cups) Greek Style Yoghurt
- Double cream, to serve
- Vanilla-poached pineapple
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 (about 800g) naturally sweet pineapple, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices, each slice cut into quarters
The instruction how to make Coconut and yoghurt puddings with vanilla-poached pineapple
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush six large 210ml-capacity muffin pans with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the bases with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Use a metal spoon to fold in the flour, coconut and yoghurt until combined. Spoon among muffin pans and smooth the surfaces. Cover muffin pans with baking paper and foil.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centres comes out clean. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes to stand. To make the vanilla-poached pineapple, place the water, sugar and vanilla bean paste in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly. Add the pineapple. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until pineapple is tender.
- Turn puddings onto a wire rack. Divide among serving plates. Top with a dollop of double cream and serve with warm vanilla-poached pineapple.
Nutritions of Coconut and yoghurt puddings with vanilla-poached pineapplecalories: 730.862 calories
calories: 31 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 100 grams carbohydrates
calories: 72 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 476.36 milligrams sodium