Guests will rave about this Christmas plum pudding and its sure to become a family favourite.
The ingredient of Christmas plum pudding with creme anglaise
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1 cup CSR Brown Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 750g Sunbeam Mixed Fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped Sunbeam Pitted Prunes
- 3/4 cup pitted, chopped dates
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 cup White Wings Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods Ground Mixed Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon MasterFoods Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon MasterFoods Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup Lucky Slivered Almonds
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- Creme anglaise (see related recipe), to serve
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Icing sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Christmas plum pudding with creme anglaise
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add all fruit, brandy, sifted dry ingredients, almonds and breadcrumbs, and combine well.
- Grease a 2-litre-capacity pudding basin. Spoon in mixture, cover with baking paper and secure with string. Cover with foil and basin lid.
- Place pudding in a large pot with enough boiling water to reach halfway up the side of basin. Cover pot and simmer for 6 hours, ensuring water level remains constant by adding more boiling water as necessary.
- Carefully remove pudding basin from water and set aside to cool. Cover basin with foil and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- On day of serving, re-boil pudding as above for 2 1/2 hours. Pour over creme anglaise, top with raspberries and dust with icing sugar, to serve.
Nutritions of Christmas plum pudding with creme anglaisecalories: