Turn your taste-buds upside-down with this delicious winter pudding.
The ingredient of Cherry and orange upside-down pudding
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 670g jar pitted Morello cherries
- 125g butter, at room temperature, cubed
- 80g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 oranges, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 200g (1 1/3 cups) self-raising flour
- 115g (1/2 cup) caster sugar, extra
- Double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Cherry and orange upside-down pudding
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a 7cm-deep, round, 18cm, non-aluminium cake pan or ovenproof dish with the melted butter to grease. Drain the cherries and reserve 250ml (1 cup) of the liquid.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter, sugar and orange rind in a medium bowl until pale and creamy, scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour over the butter mixture. Add 2 tablespoons of the orange juice and use a large metal spoon to gently fold in until just combined. (Take care not to overmix as it will make the pudding tough.)
- Scatter the cherries over the base of the greased pan or dish. Spoon the pudding mixture over the top and use the back of the spoon to smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the pudding comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, strain the cherry liquid into a small saucepan. Add the remaining orange juice and extra sugar. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the liquid reduces by half.
- Set the pudding aside for 10 minutes before turning onto a plate or board. Cut into wedges and serve immediately with the sauce spooned over and a dollop of double cream.
Nutritions of Cherry and orange upside-down puddingcalories: 517.196 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 77 grams carbohydrates
calories: 52 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 120 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 392.41 milligrams sodium